Creating a Unified Digital Experience
Prosci is a global change management leader that combines industry-leading research and experience with a people-focused approach to developing an agile, change-ready organization.
Founded in 1994, Prosci is the global leader in change management and the provider of choice for 80% of Fortune 100 companies. Their most popular training is a 3-day, in-person program that educates attendees on change management best practices based on Prosci’s extensive research.
While Prosci’s change management knowledge is extensive, their tools were not as robust as they needed in order to deliver an engaging, personalized experience to their customers.
Prosci came to Ashopway Consultancy in search of a stronger way to engage with their clients and reinforce the experiences they were looking to create within their training programs. For years, they housed preparation materials and client exercises as PDFs or spreadsheets. However, these tools weren’t interactive or consistent with the high level of expertise they provided clients.
To help develop a scalable, user-friendly platform that would allow Prosci to build a truly personalized experience for their customers, they needed a Salesforce partner who could integrate their platform with Salesforce CRM and gain a 360-view of their customer.
In late 2019, we began our work with Prosci—but less than six months later, the pandemic hit. Like almost all businesses, Prosci’s commitment to digitizing their change management training and practitioner experiences became even more pressing as the world went remote.
Prosci was in need of a full digital transformation of their current tools—including a reset on the way they think about product management and product development.
To help them achieve their vision, we needed to build:
- A suite of tools to help Prosci scale the business by 10x
- A user-friendly platform to deliver the right content to the right people at the right time
- A dashboard of powerful reporting tools to understand customer statistics, including retention and engagement to help elevate transactions into long-term relationships
Blueprinting to Plan the Right Solution
Our team visited Prosci’s headquarters in Fort Collins, Colorado to fully immerse ourselves in the Prosci culture and workshop a solution with their team. We conducted our Blueprint Workshop to fully understand their challenges so we could tailor a solution that would meet three primary goals:
- Understand the problem from a technical perspective and determine why now was the right time to solve those issues.
- Identify the best digital solutions.
- Develop a roadmap to implement the solutions, including time and financial investment.
We brought a nimble yet diverse team of UX/UI designers, engineers, and product managers to collaborate with the subject matter experts from Prosci. From this collaborative session, we developed three primary documents in tandem with the Prosci team:
- A project charter: This served as our “north star” and helped our team understand the specific deliverables.
- The story map: This included detailed user stories to describe the necessary application functions.
- The release plan: This outline was the starting place for the build and helped prioritize the features within the user stories.
Throughout the blueprint workshop, Prosci team members praised the collaborative process, describing their feedback as “They just get us.” With this approval from Prosci, we were ready to start building.